Thursday, October 22, 2009




I decided to sign up a course @ spatec.
This is to grant my dad's wish and also to prove myself that i can accomplish something. I shall find out more abt the courses available.

Lunch was @ Living greenss, one of my fav vegetarian restaurant.
Today's menu: tumeric brown rice set, salad udon, wakame soba soup, living greens burger...cant rmb the rest. Different brown rice set are served everyday so we would not get bored of eating the same old brown rice. I wanted to try the lasagne which was highly recommended. It does not contain any cheese/ pasta sheets. It's made of arrowroot powder, mushrooms, capsicums and fresh herbs and spices. Served alongside is a small salad. I also ordered the tumeric brown rice( separate charge) to go with it.

The lasagne, without pasta sheets were good. The top layer were made of arrowroot powder, which replaced cheese. The following layers were slices of baked aubergine(eggplants) which were well-grilled, mushrooms and tender capsicums. I feel that they have used too much slices of aubergine, which makes the dish a little heavy and i feel a little ''sick'' after eating 1/2 of the lasagne. Well, the dish is still not bad after all.

The tumeric rice scored better than the lasagne(in my opinion). Every grain of rice is infused with the aroma of tumeric and the yellowish colour makes it quite appealing. It is neither too soggy or hard.

Svc here is commendable. The staff are friendly people. They will take time to explain the dishes to you.

After lunch, i went back to the hotel to get my clearance done. I had to go to every dept to get them to sign the clearance form. I was charged for the shoes. As i have worked less than 3 months, i would have to pay for the shoes which cost $13.80. Well, to avoid further dispute/problems, i paid for it. After which i was asked if i was paid working for 3 days. Actually, i dun mind if i have no pay but they insisted to make things clear so they checked and i waited. I saw sharifah n vickki outside the payroll office and chat with them. I wish them all the best working in the hotel. I would never return again!

No comments: