Friday, January 15, 2010







MDIS

I finally made up my mind and register for the Foundation certificate in Biomedical sciences. It has been my interest to study abt human cells, drugs and medicine. I was suffering in the hands of hospitality operations and finally i can free myself.
Schol would start tentatively on 15 March 2010. I can forsee myself getting a Bachelor Degree.

Queenstown/Commonwealth

Commonweath Blk 40A Food Centre

This is a very old food centre, comprising 2 levels. I Had never been here before but surfing through HGW, i knew there are a few stalls listed in. One such example is Sing kee chicken rice.

I wanted to try the Queenstown Patong curry rice which i heard is quite popular. However, most of the food wasn't ready. Thus, i went to the other curry rice stall opposite. It's such a coincidence! The auntie was the lady who sell fish soup previously at Clementi Food Market and now she is here selling curry rice. I decided to buy the curry rice from her.

Besides the popular chicken rice, there's also a stall selling popiah- Queenstown popiah. This stall won thebest food award and a few other awards as well. I bought a roll of popiah($1.20). The wining factor lies in the popiah skin which is delicately soft and thin. It is able to hold the ingredients firmly without breaking the skin. The turnip taste sweet and have the oomph factor. It's a good try if u r looking for a good popiah.

Well, the auntie told me that the food centre would be undergoing renovations very soon. This is an advantage as the food centre looks very old and run-down. A revamp of the food centre would certainly attract many people.

No comments: