Monday, September 28, 2009





I hate mondays... why?
Many shops choose to have their off days on monday.
I have been CRAVING yong tau foo these days. It so happens that the popular ytf stalls are located in chinatown area(ppl's pk fd ctr & chinatown fd ctr). I walked to ppl's pk fd ctr and found that the ytf stall that i wanted to patronise frm was closed. The fd ctr itself was rather quiet as many other stalls were closed too.
Under the warm weather, i source for another place for lunch. I walk to far east square, where most eatery are present.

I saw Tossz. This is a small cafe selling sandwiches and salads for mostly takeaways.
It is rather a cosy cafe and most customers here prefer to have their food taken away. I wanted a nice and simple salad. First, choose the salad base among romaine lettuce, mesclun or ice-berg. Next, try from a range of food you want to top it off (min 5 tossz-in). Finally, select the dressing and the staff would tossz it well for you. I had the mesclun as salad base, oions, tomatoes, mozarella cheese and tuna sliced carrots and honey mustard vinegarette as dressing. The portion was so huge, all for $8.50,extra $0.20 for take-away.

The salad leaves were crunchy. The ingredients were fresh and it was well-tossz. Salad is not longer seen as boring as you can choose to create your own salad.

After lunch, i went to the lib. I have been reading a magazine '' Appetites'' Wine, food and luxury. This is a well-written magazine. I discovered and learnt alot abt the f&b industry frm reading this bk. Strongly recommended.

No comments: