Sunday, December 20, 2009
















Chengdu trip Dec 2009- 12/12/09( saturday)

Today is a free & easy day. First, we are given time to tour Chunxi ROad( the orchard road of chengdu). After which we had our lunch at a herbal resturant and proceeded to Bao Shu Tang- a medical hall.

The people there offered us free foot massage and told us that tipping is not required and do not accept tips. I was quite surprised to see the ''massagers'' are actually people of my age and some even younger. I began to suspect their ability. I told them i do not want to massage my foot but my neck instead. The fellow simply lacks experience and press anywhere he likes... i told him to stop after 5 mins. I began to observe the rest. The ''massagers'' do not have any skills at all... they just pass their time by pressing and plucking people's foot. One of our tour members even joked whether his leg hair had fallen off.They are not supposed to accept tips but promote their products to us such as massage cream, plasters...etc. I hinted to my mum not to buy all those as it's useless and they want to cheat us. Well, we left the place empty-handed and in fact i feel it's a waste of time. I rather spent the time shopping at Chunxi road.

After the massage or shall i say torture? , we went to a park where some historical figures of the chinese history are located, took several photos and went for early dinner. I did not had my dinner with the rest as i want to save my stomach to sample the food from a popular restuarant near my hotel. The restuarant name is '' Long chao shou''- dummplings in chilli soup. I ordered stri-fried rabbit meat, bittergourd and chilled black fungus. It's my first time tasting rabbit meat and must admit it was delicious(better than beef, pork and chicken). The rabbit meat was stir-fried with sichuan peppercorns and their special chilli. My lips and tongue turned numb after eating it. After my dinner, i continue to shop before returning to my hotel room to sleep.

No comments: